Batch CT inspection - Automated routines ensure consistency
In failure analysis or quality control laboratories where batches of samples need inspecting, Nikon Metrology CT systems are designed with automation in mind. As a standard, the Nikon Inspect-X software allows to save scan profiles which can be recalled at a later date. The CT scan profiles define the parameters for the X-ray conditions, reconstruction and volume analysis. This ensures repeatability of complete CT process by eliminating the need for parameter or option selection by operators.
- No programming skills required
- Consistent results
- Inspect-X loads appropriate analysis and reporting programs
- Choice between simplified operator mode or full-featured expert mode
- User is free to do parallel tasks such as sample preparation
Inspection semi automatisée par TN
In a production environment where fast inspection tact-time is required, semi-automated CT inspection systems almost replace all manual tasks involved with CT inspection. Individual parts are manually loaded onto the sample holder. Or more advanced, the operator loads a fixture with multiple samples, that are each positioned onto the sample holder by an internal loading system.
By communicating with production databases the CT system can automatically recognise the part to be inspected, and adjust all parameters accordingly, further removing possible operator error. Inspection results can be written back to the database for further analysis or to preserve data history.
- Custom, simplified user interface (UI) guides the user through the complete process
- Basic operator skills needed
- Part identification by bar or QR code reader
- Integrated with manufacturing database
- Repeatable process
- Process control (SPC)
Inline production CT - 100% part inspection
The in-line CT inspection system is a solution for fully automated production environments where critical parts with complex internal geometries or material structures need to be inspected. As such this is the ideal inspection solution for companies that implement “Industry 4.0” methodology on the shop floor.
With no user input the complete CT inspection process is automated; part identification codes are scanned and handled though the database and robots load/unload from conveyors and position parts in the CT system via an automated door. The part is then automatically scanned, analyzed and sentenced according to the database recipe.
The entire process can be completed in under a minute, with possibility to scan
multiple parts at once to further increase tact-time. For longer tact-times scanning
and analysis of parts can occur in parallel.
Improved quality control
- 100% inspection
- Rapid detection and feedback of process variation
- Eliminates operator influence on metrology
- Control and optimize production in real-time
- Eliminates transporting parts to and from the measurement room
- Maintain the continuous flow of production
- Central database with all manufacturing information
- Store inspection results for every manufactured part