If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
To be involved in the development of new products as well as ongoing quality improvement work. Nikon Metrology Tring is dedicated to the production and development of industrial X-ray computed tomography (CT) imaging equipment for use in non-destructive testing (NDT). Working within the R&D team, the successful candidate will play a very practical role helping design engineers to carry out system development and testing work. This will include assembly of experimental hardware and modification of existing systems.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan and conduct small scale experiments such as life testing of system components.
- Assemble experimental x-ray sources and other components in readiness for testing.
- Maintain accurate test records developed during prototype testing and other development work.
- Undertake fault finding and work with the project team to solve practical problems.
- Develop and maintain records/spreadsheets to assist with the tracking of components during development projects.
- Read, check and amend engineering drawings and parts lists.
- Prepare assembly and other technical documentation such as user manuals.
- Assist in the preparation and cleaning of components for experiments and prototype x-ray sources.
- Order parts required by the development team.
- Participate in activities to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery of the company’s products and services.
Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent in a technical subject (e.g. physics, mechanical engineering)
- Practical and hands-on with proven capabilities in mechanical and electrical assembly
- Competent in the use of hand-held tools (e.g. power drill, socket set, saw)
- An ability to undertake basic soldering – more advanced soldering desirable
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, assembly layouts and electrical schematics
- Capability to solve technical problems and work independently
- A good level of competence with Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word
- Demonstrate a logical approach to tasks with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and experience of x-rays and/or vacuum systems desirable
Core competencies (all employees)
- Be pro-active: Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Seek new knowledge: Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Communicate well: Harmonise diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others
- Display Integrity: Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Embrace diversity: Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Peter Mertens, Recruiter Continental Europe, Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com.