High Accuracy, High Speed, High Usability measurement at the micro level.
Reaching the peak of video measurement within a compact system
Reaching the peak of video measurement within a compact system. Nikon’s excellent optics give high accuracy and repeatability across the field of view, increasing speed of measurement. VMZ-6555 offers a 650 x 550 x 200 (X x Y x Z)mm stroke suitable for measurement of small semiconductor, electronic and mechanical components.
- With the growth of self-driving car sensor technology alongside the full EV market of automotive industry, the number of electronic components required and installed are greatly increasing. Strict quality control is required for these critical components and so expectations for shop floor measuring equipment is getting higher.
- Nikon provides the "NEXIV VMZ-S" series suitable for measuring these challenging applications.
Benefits & feature
High accuracy within the field of view (FOV)
Accuracy within FOV (PF2D,PFV2D) is speciﬁed. Nikon designed optics deliver high-quality images and realize accurate measurement data.
Proving error* PF2D0.8µm
- Type2 zooming head. Determined by Nikon’s in-house measurement method. Measurement of the perimeter of a circular reference device. This involves stage movement so a video caliper tool within the FOV, is evenly placed at 25 points on the perimeter.
- Probing error of the imaging probe* PFV2D 0.3 µm
- *Type2 zooming head. Determined by Nikon’s in-house measurement method. Measurement of 25 points that are evenly placed on the perimeter of a circular reference device at one location on the screen (without stage movement).
Improvement of throughput
Throughput has improved by realizing faster short-distance stage movements. This contributes to the shortening of the measurement time.
Along with the exterior design change, the joystick used for stage and optical head movements has been redesigned to make machine operation easier and less tiring during long periods of use.
Measurement programming support
Dimension software NEXIV AutoMeasure realizes high precision / high speed / easy measurement with many valuable functions. An important new function supports the measurement program creation processes. By selecting the measurement point, several settings are handled by the system and measurement program code is created automatically.*
*This function is for workpieces with simple shape structure.
Guide of conditions: With diascopic illumination. Components with perforations or voids with clearly detected edge contours, without significant variations, or material contamination. (circle, rectangle, and circular arc)
Digital operation guide NEXIV Note
This function offers slides and movie output together with NEXIV contents, such as basic operations and functions. Simple measurement programs can be created easily by using to this application.
Standard magnification zooming heads: type 1 - 3
Type 1, 2 and 3, have Nikon 15× zoom optics with a long working distance, wide FOV and a high NA 0.35. They all come with LED episcopic and diascopic illuminators, as well as an LED 8-segment ring illuminator with three incident angles.
High magnification zooming heads: type 4, TZ
Type 4 and TZ models have Nikon’s 15× and 120× zoom optics with higher magnification and highest NA of 0.46.
Type 4 comes with LED episcopic and diascopic illuminators, as well as an LED 8-segment ring illuminator with a
50-degree incident angle. TZ has LED episcopic, diascopic (for higher magnification) and darkfield illuminators.
Wide field-of-view zooming head: type A
Type A features Nikon 10× zoom optics with the widest FOV, the longest working distance and the higher NA of 0.11. It comes with LED episcopic and diascopic illuminators, as well as an LED 8-segment ring illuminator with an
18-degree incident angle
Detection of 0.1 mm transparent layer
Designed to detect the surfaces of thin transparent materials, the new TTL Laser AF works with the same high speed and high accuracy as the VMR series Laser AF.
8-segment ring illumination with three incident angles
Standard magnification zooming heads (type 1-3) come with 8-segment LED inner and outer ring illuminators as well as episcopic and diascopic illuminators. Incident angles of 37, 55 and 75 degrees, illumination directions by combining any 8-segment lights and light intensity can be adjusted.
* The incident angle of the 8-segment ring illuminator for type 4 is 50 degrees and for type A is 18 degrees.
15x High-speed Zoom
A 5-step, high-speed optical zoom with a zoom ratio of 15:1 allows both wide field-of-view at low magnification and highest-resolution observation at the maximum magnification position (type 1 – 4).
|XYZ strokes||650x550x200 mm *Type TZ with low magnification lens: 600x550x200mm|
|Minimum readout||0.01 μm|
|Maximum sample weight||50 kg (Accuracy guaranteed: 30 kg)|
|Maximum permissible error
(L: Length in mm)
|EUX, MPE EUY, MPE 1.2 + 4L / 1000 µm||EUXY, MPE 2.0 + 4L / 1000 µm||EUZ, MPE1.2 + 5L / 1000 µm|
|Probing error 1),2): MPE PF2D 0.8 µm Probing error of the imaging probe 1),2): MPE PFV2D 0.3 µm|
|Camera||Black and White / Color 1/3 CMOS Camera|
|Working Distance||Type 1,2 and 3||Type 4||Type TZ||Type A|
|50 mm||30 mm||(High-mag.) 11 mm / (Low-mag.) 32 mm||73.5 mm (63 mm with Laser AF)|
|Laser AF repeatability range 1),3)||2σ ≦ 0.5 µm|
|Illumination||Type 1, 2, 3, and 4 : Episcopic, diascopic, and 8-segment ring with 3 angles *All white LED/Type 4 has only 1 angle Type TZ: Left objective lens: Episcopic, darkﬁeld ; Right objective lens: Episcopic, diascopic, darkﬁeld Type A: Episcopic, diascopic, and 8-segment ring with 1 angle *All white LED|
|Power source, Power consumption||AC100 V-240 V, 50/60 Hz / 4 A − 2 A|
|Dimensions & weight||Main body with table (WxDxH): 1200x1640x1818 mm / approx. 740kg Controller: 190x450x450 mm / approx. 12kg|
|Footprint (W×D 4)||3200x3300 mm|
1) Determined by Nikon in-house measurement method. 2) With Type 2 head, 15×. 3) Workpiece: Chrome on calibration plate, without Type A head.
4) Includes maintenance space