How X.Tract works
View in detail any virtual slice in any direction in an easy non-destructivePCBA, components or wafers are placed in an XT V X-ray inspection system and 2D images at submicron level are automatically taken 360° around the region-of-interest of the board. Image acquisition is complete within minutes and the 2D X-ray scans are reconstructed into a detailed 3D model.
This model can be sliced and analyzed in any plane using the X.Tract analysis tool. X.Tract technology provides high resolution, high magnifi cation CT functionality in the region-of-interest on the board – allowing users to accelerate product development, defect detection and inspection of complex packages.
Inspect further with X.Tract
X.Tract reveals defects that are obscured in 2D X-ray images of complex components such as Package on Package (PoP) or double sided boards. With X.Tract, users gain better insights leading to reduced false call rates and higher productivity.
- Create virtual 3D micro sections of any region without slicing the board
- Analyze multi-layer boards where 2D X-ray could obscure defect
- Inspect complex packages such as BGA, PoP, CSP, QFN, LGA etc.
- Isolate views for individual sides of a board which would normally show both board sides under 2D X-ray
- Determine size and position of voids at joint interfaces or bulk solder
- Easily identify hard-to-see defects such as Head-on-Pillow (HoP), open joints and cracks
- Isolate views of the different layers within multi-layer packages such as Package on
- Package (PoP) or multi-chip modules
- Enable views of complex thru-hole components, connectors and board vias
- Identify defects such as alignment and warpage
- View individual board layers to analyze planes and tracks
Layered components are difficult to detect in classic 2D X-ray imageTravel layer by layer through a PCB board, revealing detailed information of components on every virtual slice
2D X-ray of smart phoneX.Tract details of layerHigh magnification of BGAs, visualized in a 3D representation