3D scanning in large volume applications
K-Scan MMDx’s portability, accuracy and large measurement volume are responsible for the system’s high application reach. The absence of mechanical constraints creates superior operator comfort, which allows operators to efficiently take scans in and around an entire vehicle or truck. For measuring larger objects, the system supports the use of magnetic reference spheres to leap frog measurements taken from multiple camera standpoints. Regardless of how and where to use the system, it serves both inspection and reverse engineering applications.
- Full-freedom scanning of large objects:
- Large (17m³) and expandable measurement volume
- Car components of any size / Full cars and trucks
- On-site measurement applications
- Plug-and-play on existing K-Series Optical CMM
- Supports part-to-CAD inspection and reverse engineering applications
- SpaceProbe touch probe for tactile measurements
Scanning nearly every material surface with ESP3
ESP3 incorporates dynamic point-per-point laser intensity adaptation of laser source intensity. This capability allows different surface materials, finishes and transitions to be scanned without user interaction, eliminating manual parameter tuning and part spraying altogether. ESP is a key differentiator when scanning similar parts in different manufacturing stages; initially dealing with bare sheet metal parts and finally scanning finished products painted in any color.
The digital camera technology built in the scanner supports high-resolution data acquisition and processing for scanning freeform surfaces and features accurately and efficiently. Continuous and precise optical probe tracking are maintained by optimizing the positions of the LEDs integrated into the scanner housing.
- Optimized LED positions for continuous and precise probe tracking
- Excellent material scanning capabilities through use of Enhanced Sensor Performance (ESP3). Laser intensity of every point is instantly adapted automatically to the material
High scanning throughput for maximum productivity
Featuring a high frame rate and a laser stripe up to 200mm, the digital MMDx scanner provides the ultimate in scanning productivity. The digital camera technology built in the scanner supports high-resolution data acquisition and processing for scanning freeform surfaces and features accurately and efficiently. MMDx laser scanners come in 50, 100 and 200 millimeter laser stripe widths, to suit every measurement need.
- Fast and user configurable scanning data rates
- Laser stripe width up to 200 mm
- High-resolution data acquisition
Effortless handling by ergonomic design
An effortless scanning experience is made possible by the ergonomic handgrip of the scanner and the unmatched ease-of-use of the system’s optical CMM. The operator can simple walk around and scan surfaces as desired, without facing the limitations of any mechanical constraints. Measuring has never been easier, thanks to the scanner’s balanced handgrip, carbon fiber design and feedback indicators.
- Omni-directional, mechanically unconstrained probe
- Lightweight and stable carbon fiber structure
- Visual and audio indicators for operator feedback
- Balanced weight distribution aided by ergonomic handgrip with integrated buttons
K-Scan MMDx is a truly portable solution that can be used anywhere. It can be set up instantly in the laboratory, on the shop floor or in the field. The Optical CMM automatically localizes the light-weight, handheld MMDx laser scanner. Dynamic object referencing ensures accurate measurement in case the measured object is moved.
- Fully portable system that is easy to set up
- Suited for metrology lab and shop ﬂoor measurements
- Motion compensation of measurement object, through dynamic object referencing
- Large system measurement volume of up to 35 m³, further expandable by leap frog functionalities, multi-camera support or dynamic referencing
- Compatible with the same MMDx100 and MMDx200 scanners used on articulated arms
- Multi-Sided Probe for tactile measurements