Effective May, 2018
1. Our Commitment to Privacy:
Nikon Metrology (“NIKON”, “we” or “us”) recognize that the protection of personal information that they receive from visitors of their websites is very important.
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Nikon has appointed a Data Protection Officer for its German subsidiary
Nikon Metrology GmbH who monitors Nikon’s compliance with all applicable privacy legislation:
Impekovener Str. 44
H. Oliver Gönner
Tel: 0228 - 286 140 61
The data controller for data processing within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is
Nikon Metrology NV
3. Organizations covered
The Policy applies to all the companies of the Nikon Metrology group, which includes Nikon Metrology NV, with its offices at Geldenaaksebaan 329, 3001 Leuven, and its subsidiaries, which are located in different Member States of the European Union as well as in the United States of America and Canada. These group companies and subsidiaries are:
|Nikon Metrology Europe NV
Tel.: 00 32 16 74 01 01
| Nikon Metrology GmbH
Tel.: +49 6023 91 733 200
Nikon Metrology SARL
Nikon Metrology UK Ltd Derby
|X-Tek Systems Ltd
Tring Business Centre
Hertfordshire HP23 4JX
Tel.: +44 144 282 87 00
| Nikon Metrology Inc. (Canada)
55 Fleming Drive
Units 13 and 14
Ontario N1T 2A9
Tel.: +1 519 885 94 90
| Nikon Metrology Inc. (USA)
12701 Grand River
Tel.: +1 810 220-4360
4. The Information We Collect:
Nikon Metrology will collect and process information about customers and visitors to the present Website. We are committed to keeping your personal data private.
Information is collected at the occasion of registration or the use of some services either directly (where you will be asked to provide the data) or indirectly. Upon using our Website, our webserver will automatically recognize your internet domain name and, if possible, your e-mail address.
The following information, will then be collected and stored:
- your domain name but not your e-mail address in case you visit our Website;
- your e-mail address in case you put communications/questions on our Website;
- your e-mail address in case you communicate this to us;
- all information concerning pages of other websites which you consulted in order to go to our Website;
- all information which you voluntarily provided to us (such as research information and/or site registration).
Nikon Metrology do not seek to use the present Website to collect personal data pertaining to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or membership of a trade union. If Nikon Metrology do seek to collect such data, your prior consent hereto will be asked.
5. How We Use Collected Information
If you provide us with information either by registering with us or emailing an enquiry to us then this information will eventually be used by us in three ways:
- For handling your enquiry, contacting you (by e-mail or otherwise);
- To provide you with other relevant information from time to time, subject to your consent;
- Website visitors analysis purposes.
5.1 Use of personally identifiable information that you have provided to us
What this means is that NIKON will not send you information about NIKON products, services, promotions, events, firmware or software updates, and service advisories as well as how to get more enjoyment from your NIKON products unless you request them, or have given your consent to receive such information.
5.2. Use of non-personally identifiable information
We use non-personally identifiable information to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our NIKON websites as well as to improve the design, content and user experience of all of our NIKON websites.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information for research purposes such as analyzing how visitors use and navigate our NIKON websites.
6. How long we keep your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be retained for a maximum of 5 years after your last action (inquiry, request, transaction,…) on our website.
7. Who We Share Your Information With
NIKON does not sell, rent or lease any of your personally identifiable information to third parties.
NIKON also does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties except that we may disclose personally identifiable information to companies affiliated with NIKON, such as its parent company, and/or unaffiliated third parties working on our behalf or for us or with us, such as agents, dealers, vendors and suppliers, but only for the purpose to enable them to fulfill your requests to us for product, services or information.
All such affiliated and unaffiliated parties who have access to personally identifiable information are required to keep confidential such information and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for NIKON and as otherwise required by law.
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, NIKON will not share personally identifiable information with third parties without your permission, unless to (a) comply with any law, subpoena, regulation or court order; (b) respond to requests from governmental authorities; or (c) help prevent fraud or to protect the safety, rights, property or security of NIKON as well as that of third parties.
8. Transfer of personal information to a country outside of the European Union
Nikon operates globally, so your personal information can be transferred from time to time to other entities of the Nikon group, including to its headquarters in Japan as well as its subsidiaries in the United States of America and Canada.
9. Links to Non-Nikon Sites
NIKON owned websites may provide links to other websites which are not owned by NIKON and are owned by companies or parties which are either affiliated or unaffiliated with NIKON (“Non-NIKON Websites’).
10. Our Commitment To Information Security
Information security is important at NIKON, and while no security measure is perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you provide to us, you can be assured that we maintain physical, electronic and administrative measures and safeguards and periodically review these security measures and safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized or inappropriate access and use.
11. Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
12. What your Rights with regard to personal information are
You have the right to request access to your personal Information at any time and request that inaccurate, outdated, or no longer necessary information be corrected, erased, or restricted.
You have the right to seek the following within the limits of the applicable data protection regulations:
- the erasure of your data, especially (i) if the data are no longer necessary to be processed or retained for the purpose described in clause 5, (ii) if you have withdrawn your consent to the data processing and the processing is no longer necessary for the performance of the contract, or (iii) if you object to the processing of your data (see below),
- the restriction of the processing of your data (i) for the time necessary for Nikon to verify the basis of any of your challenge about the accuracy of your data, (ii) if the processing is considered illegal, but you do not want your data to be deleted, (iii) if Nikon no longer needs your data but you wish to retain it for the purposes of determining, exercising, or defending your rights, (iv) if you object to the processing of your data (see below) for the time necessary for Nikon to verify the basis of your request seeking restriction to the data processing.
You have the right object to Nikon’s use of your data at any time on condition that your objection is justified on your own grounds, and such justification is within the limits of applicable data protection regulations.
You have the right to receive your data or have your data transmitted to another data controller in a structured, commonly used, and readable format.
13. How You Can Access or Update Your Information
NIKON will not use your personally identifiable information collected from this website for purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) for which you provided it to us. What this means is that NIKON will not send you information about NIKON products, services, promotions, events, firmware or software updates, and service advisories as well as how to get more enjoyment from your NIKON products unless you request them.
You also have the right to oppose to further processing of your personally identifiable information.
14. How you can exercise you Rights
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request with regard to your exercise of those rights, you may file a complaint with the data protection authority in the country where your Personal Information was provided for processing. The coordinates of those authorities are described below.
Commission de la protection de la vie privée
Rue de la Presse 35
1000 Bruxelles (Brussels)
Tel. +32 2 274 48 00
Fax +32 2 274 48 10
Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés - CNIL
8 rue Vivienne, CS 30223
F-75002 Paris, Cedex 02
Tel. +33 1 53 73 22 22
Fax +33 1 53 73 22 00
Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg
Tel. +49 7 11 61 55 41 0
Fax +49 7 11 61 55 41 15
Prins Clauslaan 60
P.O. Box 93374
2509 AJ Den Haag/The Hague
Tel. +31 70 888 8500
Fax +31 70 888 8501
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow - Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
15. Changes in Policy
16. How To Contact Us
Nikon Metrology NV
Renaat Van Cauter – Director Marketing Communications