The purpose of this role is to conduct reliability testing of new, existing and amended designs.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Validation & accelerated life testing of new, existing and amended designs against the Product Requirements Specification
- Generating test plans in accordance with the product specification
- Generating technical test reports
- Liasing with test laboratories to deliver the requirements of the test plan
- Identifying methods of testing
- Recommendation of solutions for test failures
- Provide input to design reviews for design for test considerations
- Degree/HNC/HND Mechanical/Electrical/Production Engineering
- Generate technical reports on findings
- Understand complex Engineering drawings & schematics
- Project Co-ordination skills
- Be able to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Can prioritise and manage conflicting workloads
- Works with accuracy and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Seeks and delivers on-going improvements
- Machine Product Testing
- Knowledge of product legislation and reliability test methods
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Electro/Mechanical Environment
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of reliability testing
- A proven track record of recommendations for improvement within designs
- A hands on approach to problem solving
- Experience in planning, generating and executing test plans in accordance with the Product requirements
Working environment/ Physical requirements:
The role is office based, however time will be spent on the shop floor, testing and investigating test failures.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.