If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
Verify the quality of Nikon’s metrology products at all stages of the development lifecycle. These products span the range of mechanical, electrical, electronics, PC software and embedded firmware.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- In a multidisciplinary team of engineers, verify that developments correspond to specifications at all stages in the development lifecycle
- Test performance to requirements, compliance to standards, and usability
- Write, maintain, and personally execute manual test plans
- Design and develop test tooling
- Ensure test results are well maintained and clearly reported
- Assist project managers in estimating testing requirements for development projects. Define the required scope of testing.
- Reproduce or clarify issues reported by customers
- Identify and configure hardware and software necessary for testing.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering) and/or demonstrable practical experience in an equivalent role.
- Multi-discipline ability understanding the integration and test of electro-mechanical, and software elements.
- Full written and spoken proficiency in English
- Methodical approach to test and fault finding.
- Experience and knowledge of Low voltage and machinery directives, and safety standards. BS EN61010-1, 60204-1, 61000, etc.
- Experience of metrology and/or precision machine tool setup techniques
- Experience in creation of automated/semi-automated electromechanical test tooling.
- Experience in the creation of test software.
- Understand the application domain of Nikon’s metrology products
- Be proficient in the use of Nikon’s metrology x-ray systems.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Working in a laboratory environment: Office, temperature-controlled room(s), mild background noise from equipment
- Working alongside production floor staff in light industrial factory
- Handling valuable precision equipment
- Working with hand held tools/power tools (Screwdrivers, drills, etc)
- Accessing and working within the confines of x-ray cabinet systems
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org