If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
Verify the quality of Nikon’s metrology products at all stages of the development lifecycle. These products span the range of mechanical, electrical, electronics, PC software and embedded firmware.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- In a multidisciplinary team of engineers, verify that developments correspond to specifications at all stages in the development lifecycle
- Test performance to requirements, compliance to standards, and usability
- Write, maintain, and personally execute manual test plans
- Design and develop test tooling
- Ensure test results are well maintained and clearly reported
- Assist project managers in estimating testing requirements for development projects. Define the required scope of testing.
- Reproduce or clarify issues reported by customers
- Identify and configure hardware and software necessary for testing.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering) and/or demonstrable practical experience in an equivalent role.
- Multi-discipline ability understanding the integration and test of electro-mechanical, and software elements.
- Full written and spoken proficiency in English
- Methodical approach to test and fault finding.
- Experience and knowledge of Low voltage and machinery directives, and safety standards. BS EN61010-1, 60204-1, 61000, etc.
- Experience of metrology and/or precision machine tool setup techniques
- Experience in creation of automated/semi-automated electromechanical test tooling.
- Experience in the creation of test software.
- Understand the application domain of Nikon’s metrology products
- Be proficient in the use of Nikon’s metrology x-ray systems.
Core competencies (all employees)
Be pro-active (Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely):
- Work in an efficient manner making best use of available equipment, tools and time
- Seek help when required to minimize delays
- Understand and apply the development process
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process
Seek new knowledge (Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity):
- Keep up with latest relevant technologies and tools
- Share knowledge with colleagues to bolster the strength of the team
Communicate well (Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others):
- Report with the appropriate level of detail
- Give accurate progress updates
- Seek help from the team in case of difficulties, and in turn help colleagues
Display integrity (Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual):
- Treat information from and about customers with the required confidentiality
- Follow working agreements
- Be mindful of environmental and ethical practices and work within the Nikon CSR guidelines
Embrace diversity (Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures):
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues in Nikon
- Show respect for the opinion of others.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Working in a laboratory environment: Office, temperature-controlled room(s), mild background noise from equipment
- Working alongside production floor staff in light industrial factory
- Handling valuable precision equipment
- Working with hand held tools/power tools (Screwdrivers, drills, etc)
- Accessing and working within the confines of x-ray cabinet systems
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org