Work in a busy stores environment specialising in providing components for the assembly of high accuracy products.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- The lead store person will be required to cover the team leader when required
- To pick, pack, book in deliveries
- Serve internal customers dealing with standard requests and queries
- Complete scheduled work in agreed timescales to the agreed quality standards
- Escalate and communicate any issues/concerns to stores supervisor
- To support the following aspects of the stores supervisor role and to cover these in their absence.
- Absence reporting.
- Maintenance of general H&S and housekeeping.
- Delegation of tasks across the team to optimise performance
- Day to day control of staff performance, behaviour and quality of work
- Reporting of work activity and performance of the team in line with KPI’s
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s A-C or equivalent must include Maths and English
- Relative knowledge of area and processes under supervision
- Inventory control principles
- Planning methods
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (specifically excel, word).
- Fork lift license counter balance and reach, depending on requirements of the site
- Working knowledge of Navision (MRP)
- Communicate issues and concerns immediately
- Liaise with other departments in a timely manner to ensure a smooth process is in place
- Plan ahead for the expected deliveries
- Maintain tidy and organized area up to the standard required
Seek new knowledge
- Keep up to date with Fork lift truck licence if required
- Keep up to date with any changes in Microsoft
- Keep up to date with changes for Health and safety specifically for your area
- Deliver clear and succinct messages both verbally and written
- Use appropriate vocabulary for your audience and seek their understanding of your communication
- Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your views and ideas
- Always work to the highest standards
- Report any issues or behaviours from employees or external people you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon
- Be dependable and always consider other members of the team
- Always take responsibility for your work and actions
- Respect opinions and views of others
- Respect the different cultures within Nikon
- Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring
- Respect others form other organisations and their working methods
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmfirstname.lastname@example.org