If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
A Service Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting, Calibration, Servicing, Installations and Repairs of all Nikon Metrology X-Ray Systems at customer sites. The Field Service Engineer maintains documentation for each job carried out, ensuring the documentation is returned to the Service Department, once the job is complete.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installation, Calibration, Repairs and maintenance of equipment in the field; providing customer training as required.
- Be a technical expert on the product domain, follow and provide training.
- Document all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensuring parts and consumables are available for jobs and return of parts if required, making sure that serial numbers are logged of parts replaced.
- Participates in service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Provide technical support to service customers.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with departments in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Identify product and process improvements.
- Other duties as required.
- HNC / ONC or equivalent through experience working on technical products
- Experience with technical products
- Excellent IT skills for working with Windows, Word, excel and outlook
- Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite
- Technical background : electricity, mechanics, electronics, pneumatics
- Field service experience/ Customer oriented
- Customer service skills
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org