If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
A Service Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting, Calibration, Servicing, Installations and Repairs of all Nikon Metrology X-Ray Systems at customer sites. The Field Service Engineer maintains documentation for each job carried out, ensuring the documentation is returned to the Service Department, once the job is complete.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installation, Calibration, Repairs and maintenance of equipment in the field; providing customer training as required.
- Be a technical expert on the product domain, follow and provide training.
- Document all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensuring parts and consumables are available for jobs and return of parts if required, making sure that serial numbers are logged of parts replaced.
- Participates in service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Provide technical support to service customers.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with departments in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Identify product and process improvements.
- Other duties as required.
- HNC / ONC or equivalent through experience working on technical products
- Experience with technical products
- Excellent IT skills for working with Windows, Word, excel and outlook
- Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite
- Technical background : electricity, mechanics, electronics, pneumatics
- Field service experience/ Customer oriented
- Customer service skills
- Work fully independently.
- Able to take the right decisions to make our customers satisfied and keep the work under control.
- Technical background to understand our machines to the highest detail
- Flexible for unexpected changes in the planning: travel worldwide, weekend work
- Driven to succeed
Core competencies (all employees)
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Prepare visits with care, so customer satisfaction level goes up
- Give feedback to all people involved
- See improvements to be made and get them implemented
Seek new knowledge :
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Always want to learn more on the products, to become expert
Communicate well :
- Harmonise diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others
- Share the knowledge you have with your colleagues.
- Be a team player
- Be able to communicate well, in general English (or other local languages)
Display integrity :
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Take care of the Nikon tools and machines, as if it were your own
- Work independent and take responsible decisions
- Make the right decisions to improve the overall customer experience from Nikon
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
- Being able to work with all departments all over the company, in all countries
- Listen to all inputs of every person to get the job better done
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter to email@example.com