If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries.
To further strengthen our Service team, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Service Engineer with a passion for High-tech technology.
What is your role ?
You will be responsible for the troubleshooting, calibrations, services, installations and repairs of all Nikon Metrology 2D systems at customer sites. You will maintain documentation for each job carried out and ensure the documentation is returned to the Service Manager or Coordinator, once the job is complete.
You provide assistance to the Technical staff and support to dealers and will work approximately 50% in the office, 50% on site.
What are your key areas of responsibility ?
- Daily support for the European Resellers;
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction;
- Installations, calibrations, repairs and maintaining equipment in the field;
- Provides internal/customer/reseller training as required;
- Be a technical expert in the product domain;
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis;
- Ensuring parts and consumables are available for jobs and return of parts if required. Making sure that serial numbers of parts replaced are logged;
- Participate in service/sales opportunities and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs;
- Ensure that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated;
- Manage the rental of calibration tools to resellers;
- Provide technical support to service customers;
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with departments in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends;
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with company health, safety and environmental policies;
- Identify product and process improvements;
- Train junior colleagues, write procedures to assist in this process;
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work independently and solve the customers cases;
- If alone at the customer site for long periods, communicate well with the back office;
- High level of problem solving skills, thinking out of the box.
What are your required qualifications and competencies?
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering ( electronics, electro-mechanics) or equivalent through experience with working on technical products;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, English and French, basics of German;
- Experience with technical products;
- Excellent IT skills for working with Windows, Word, excel and outlook;
- Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite
- Technical background : electricity, mechanics, electronics, pneumatics
- Field service experience/ Customer oriented
- Customer service skills
- Functional competencies
- Work fully independent
- Able to take the right decisions to make our customers satisfied and keep the work under control
- Technical background to understand our machines to the highest detail
- Stress resistant
- Flexible for unexpected changes in the planning: travel worldwide, weekend work
- Driven to succeed
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Recruitment.Nmfirstname.lastname@example.org. Apply