Senior Inspector - Tring
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
- To manually inspect components.
- To inspect components using a CMM system.
- To program the CMM for the inspection of components.
- To support the organisation with the day to day activities of the goods inwards inspection department.
- To create meaningful inspection reports.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Complete scheduled work in agreed timescales to the agreed quality standards
- Control of all materials within your area/processes.
- Maintain good general H&S and housekeeping.
- Highlight and communicate any issues/concerns to relevant individuals
- Line Manager, Production Engineer, Quality, Planner, Team Leaders, Operations Manager etc
- Inspection of NPI / FAIR parts and the completion of relevant paperwork
- Creating process work instructions for both quality and production requirements
- Maintaining the traceability of parts when required.
- Review of supplier inspection reports.
The supervision and improvement of companywide calibration records and scheduling system.
- An excellent knowledge of GD&T and how to apply them to both manual and CMM inspection.
- Good level of English and Mathematics.
- Experience of operating and programing a CMM.
- Good knowledge of the principles and methods used in a goods inwards inspection department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (specifically excel, word).
- A good understanding of first principle measurement.
- Familiarity with applicable Quality and Manufacturing Engineering controls, procedures and specifications
- Experience in programming in DMIS or similar CMM language.
- NPL qualifications.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Gauge R&R
Ability to work safely, accurately and expediently within a busy inspection department.
Good verbal communication and listening skills.
Core competencies (all employees)
- If you do not have a clear understanding of the drawings/diagrams you are working with seek clarification.
- Liaise with other departments in a timely manner to ensure a smooth process is in place
- Actively work on solutions for issues that are found.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organized area.
Seek new knowledge
- Keep up to date with any new specifications that are introduced by Nikon.
- Pass your knowledge onto other members of the team, if they are less experienced
- Keep up to date with changes for quality and Health and safety specifically for your area
- Keep up to date with the latest technology through academic study or practical learning
- Deliver clear and succinct messages both verbally and written
- Use appropriate vocabulary for your audience and seek their understanding of your communication.
- Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your views and ideas.
- Clearly explain complex and technical terms so that others will understand.
- Always work to the highest standards
- Report any issues or behaviours you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon
- Be dependable and always consider other members of the team
- Always take responsibility for your work and actions
- Respect opinions and views of others
- Respect the different cultures within Nikon
- Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting and working at heights up to 1M from floor. Handling awkward and large items.
- Operating handling equipment in all weathers as far as is safe.
- Some occasional use of noisy power hand tools by self or others in the vicinity.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com