To advise the business on the applicable EU Directives & latest associated standards, such as EMC, environmental, reliability and safety, for our products.
To ensure by risk assessments & testing, that our products meet the advised standards for the appropriate country of destination.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure the technical file for each product is complete with full traceability and kept up to date.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all products meet the company's legal requirements.
- Attains compliance by identifying and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change notifications (ECN's)
- Attend design reviews as compliance representative.
- Write, maintain, and personally execute test plans.
- Update compliance knowledge as requirements change by tracking and researching emerging practices and standards.
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams.
- Preparing the Declarations of Conformity.
- Update compliance knowledge as requirements change by tracking and researching emerging practices.
- At least a bachelor's degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline, with electrical or mechanical engineering backgrounds.
- Proven background in the application of the requirements of the Machinery directive, and testing with applicable harmonised standards.
- Conduct and review risk assessments within the guidance of BS EN 12100
- Experience with the validation of safety related controls to either/both of BS EN 13849 or EN 62061
- Demonstrable experience in the compilation and review of product technical files on complex machinery.
- Able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of X-ray systems use and the hazards arising therein
- Knowledge of working eith test houses e.g. TUV, Intertek, etc.
- Knowledge of and application of product safety standards from outside of Europe e.g. UL, NFPA
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Ofice; Word, Excel
- Good communication and presentation skills about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of health and safety systems at work
- Be pro-active
- Seek new knowledge
- Communicate well
- Display integrity
- Embrace diversity
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The job is mainly based in the Tring office, where PPE is required for the shop floor. Occasional trips to customer sites will also be required from time to time.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com Apply