If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
The R&D assembly technician will play a very practical role helping the design engineers to carry our system development and testing work. This will include assembly of experimental hardware and modification of existing systems. Work will include involvement in the development of new products as well as ongoing quality improvement projects.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Prepare and clean components for experiments and prototype x-ray sources
- Co-ordinate the ordering of parts required by the development team
- Assist assembly of experimental x-ray sources and other components in readiness for testing
- Read and interpret engineering drawings as necessary
- Assist with small scale experiments such as life testing of system components
- Help maintain accurate records/spreadsheets developed during prototype testing and other development work
- Help to solve practical day to day problems in a pro-active manner
- Independently make day to day decisions
- Active role in strategic discussions
- Proven capability in electromechanical assembly
- Competent in the use of hand-held tools (e.g. power drill, socket set, saw)
- An ability to undertake basic soldering – more advanced soldering desirable
- Capability to solve basic problems, working both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates a logical approach to tasks with meticulous attention to detail
- Good A-level (or equivalent) grades in primarily science based subjects (e.g. Physics and Maths)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This role is based in Tring, Hertfordshire
- 37.5 hour week
- Mon – Thurs 08:30 to 17:00
- Friday 08:30 to 14:00
- ½ hour lunch break Monday-Thursday (not on Friday)
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org