Quality Engineer - Derby
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
To manage and maintain certifications to SO9001: 2015 ISO14001: 2015 and experience of ISO17025 would be a distinct advantage but not mandatory.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Implementation, management and maintenance of ISO9001/14001/17025 Certifications
- Management and reporting of audit actions and driving improvement
- Scheduling, management and conducting internal audits
- Management and closure of audit actions with action owners
- Investigating customer reported product actions and instigating correction and corrective action.
- Support customer and certification audits
- Completion of customer enquiries
- Root cause analysis and correction and corrective action
- Training of Quality processes to the relevant stake holders raising Quality awareness and business management system
- HNC/HND in engineering background or similar
- Lead ISO 9001/14001 Auditor
Core competencies (all employees)
Be able to take ownership and accountability of an investigation until closure
Seek new knowledge:
Be enthusiastic to learn about Nikon Products to aid problem solving
Be able to lead and communicate problem solving discussions to drive results of Correction and corrective actions.
Analyse and assess results to aid driving improvement and using results to demonstrate effectiveness of actions
Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures. Ability to work cross-functionally and welcome inputs from all areas of the business to aid closure of correction and corrective actions.
- ISO9001/ISO14001 or similar management standards
- ISO17025 a distinct advantage
- Problem solving techniques i.e RCA/8D/DMAIC
- Greater than 5 years working in an Engineering/manufacturing environment
- Problem solving/RCA/8D Methodology for product related issues
- Experience of implementing business requirements within the management systems
- Project management skills
- Training skills
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Some travel will be expected to the Nikon Metrology site based in Hertfordshire
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com