To control the quality within both manufacturing sites Derby and Tring with regard to Customer and System Quality.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Implementation, management & maintenance of ISO9001/14001 Certifications
- Management & Reporting of Business KPI’s (CIR’s) and driving Improvement
- Management, scheduling and conducting of Internal Audits
- Management, generation and verification of corrective and preventative actions
- Management, scheduling and supporting Customer & Certification Audits
- Responding to Customer Questionnaires
- Conducting Quality Awareness and Incentives within NXT
- Management of the QA Team
- Management of improvement through the initiation of ECR’s and CIR’s.
- Conduct Corrective & Preventive action training
- Raising Quality Awareness and feeding back to the business
- Management, implementation of the Business Management System
- Participation in Design and Gate Reviews
- Generating awareness and visibility of the CIR’s
- Appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated and capable of meeting the company’s needs. Ensure continual up skilling of the team through evaluation, development and training.
Ability to Manage and work across sites and with personnel in different sites globally and in different time zones
Ability to Manage and work cross-functionally with all areas of the business at all levels of the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline or equivalent
ISO9001/ISO14001 or equivalent based on industry sector
Lead ISO 9001 Auditor
Extensive experience required within an electro/mechanical engineering and production environment.
Corrective and preventive actions/Root Cause Analysis
- Analytical mind, good problem solver
- Good organizer and strong in administration.
- Strong in people management.
- Good communication skills
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Customer oriented
- Commercial feeling
- Stress resistant
- Driven to succeed
- Full UK driving license and passport
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Take initiative
- Suggest ideas and solutions and propose organizational improvements
- Escalate issues in time
- Feedback to production, engineering, OF, management
Seek new knowledge
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Keep up to date with new product releases
- Pick up all technical trainings that can be followed, to expand the technical knowledge
- Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other
- Set up regular team meetings
- Get to the level of the person who you are communicating with
- Avoid long e-mails; pick-up the phone, or meet face-to-face
- Be persuasive, assertive, able to negotiate, to get the right results
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Follow Nikon CSR policy
- Take ownership, responsibility of encountered issues
- Work at Nikon, like it is your own company to take care off
- Make the right decisions to improve the overall customer experience from Nikon
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
- Being able to work together will all departments in all countries
- Operate Strategically
- Drive Disruptive Innovation
- Capable of dealing with changing circumstances and changing priorities.
- Capable of keeping the overview of the tasks to be performed
- Drive Business Results
- Lead Change
- Build, inspire and develop talent
- Take action to enhance working relationships to achieve smooth workflow.
- Understand and leverage the team’s capabilities.
- Listen to the needs of the team and give feedback
- Motivate the team
Systems Quality Engineer / Quality Co-ordinator
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Requirement to travel between Derby and Tring manufacturing sites
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmfirstname.lastname@example.org