If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Logistics Coordinator based in Leuven (Heverlee).
Goal is to coordinate the receiving and storing, moving and shipping of stock and materials. Doing this while respecting deadlines and time constraints. Preparing all the required paperwork for national and international shipments is part of the job.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Coordinate international transportation of material
- With operations (UK & US), forwarder agent, service & customers
- Prepare all the shipment paperwork for national and international shipments
- Invoice, delivery note, packing list, customs documents, certificates,…
- Track progress and ensure scheduled delivery targets are met
- Monitor freight rates, Air – Sea – Land and courier
- Picking & packing of goods from own warehouse
- Dispatch freight for delivery and arrange pickups
- Coordinate import & exports
- Liaise with custom broker
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
Back-up for Shipping & Receiving 2D goods
- Picking of goods from the warehouse ensuring that quality and quantity of orders are correct
- Preparing goods for shipment to customers
- Plan and coordinate transportation of goods
- Coordinate the import and exports
- Assist with the timely flow of customer orders
- The person needs to be able to plan his work individually and work at a team level
- We expect the person to bring new ideas to improve the existing procedures
- Solve shipments/customs/import/export problems
- Comply with applicable regulation & company procedures and standards
- Bachelor degree
- Preference of two years related work experience but we are also open for school leavers with strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Dutch and English is a must
- Computer skills: (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Experience with Navision is a plus
- Knowledge of French and German is a plus
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, European Recruitment Manager.