Manage external resources to achieve the controlled movement and shipment of products. This is to include industrial movers, vehicles, equipment etc.
The administration of internal resources to meet all packing, marking and recording required to meet system and external shipping needs
The administration of other site related needs such as security and fire protection.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Planning and administration of shipping and logistics, including all documentation along with domestics and international requirements
- Work closely with planners, warehouse team, order fulfilment and head office to ensure machines are ready for dispatch as per contractual dates and that and delays are recognised and eliminated in advance.
- Clear and concise communication between internal and external service providers.
- Review and investigate service improvements throughout the logistics function including pricing, transit, storage, handling and safety.
- Create cost analysis across a range of service options to seek cost and time savings for the business.
- The administration of site contracts and regulatory requirements in health, safety and environmental areas such as fire and security arrangements and alarm systems, waste management, cleaning, Legionella protection etc
- Administration of site accounting systems such as intrastate returns along with keys, hire vehicles etc.
- A good level of Numeracy, English and Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in a shipping and logistics environment
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Continually look for improvements within the logistics function
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Always know in advance dispatch dates for machines, and anticipate delays
Seek new knowledge
- Keep up to date with any change in legilation that could impact your role
- Keep up to date with Health and safety changes
- Deliver clear and succinct messages both verbally and written
- Use appropriate vocabulary for your audience and seek their understanding of your communication
- Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your own views and ideas
- Clearly explain complex and technical terms so that others will understand
- Always work to the highest standards
- Report any issues or behaviours you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon
- Be dependable and always consider other members of the team
- Always take responsibility for your work and actions
- Respect opinions and views of others
- Respect the different cultures within Nikon
- Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Office based with occasional requirements to visit warehouse and systems packing facilities
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com