Health & Safety Officer – Tring, 60 week contract
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
Reporting to the QEHS Advisor, the role will be responsible for the identification, assessment, action plans for actions arising from assessments, and training of COSHH requirements identified within Nikon Metrology.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Identification of new substances
- Carrying out COSHH Assessments
- Delivery and Identification of Training requirements
- Implementing action plans and control measures as a result of COSHH assessments
- Obtaining and maintaining COSHH registers and associated records
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent (IOSH, NCRQ etc.)
- COSHH Assessor qualification
- NEBOSH National General Diploma or equivalent
A) Functional competencies
- Knowledge and understanding of COSHH regulations
- Project co-ordination experience
- Carrying out COSHH assessments and Risk assessments
- Computer literate
- Training/Mentoring skills
- Experience in problem solving
- Implementing health and safety policies
- Hazard identification and Accident prevention
B) Core competencies (all employees)
- The ability to be resourceful, solve problems and work with different areas of the business to achieve the COSHH goals
- Logical practical reasonable and have a can do approach to do the role
Seek new knowledge
- The ability to be resourceful, and investigate substances and their impacts and the controls needed.
- High level inter-personal skills with an effective and flexible inter-personal style.
- Solution focused able to motivate others and have the ability to show initiate and willingness to lead actions with in deadlines
Highly self-motivated individual who is able to work alone and as part of a team, enthusiastic and positive, and actively source input from the areas affected.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The role will be office based within the Tring site, with frequent periods required in Production areas, and time to be spent in the Derby site to carry out the same tasks.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com