Field service Engineer Microscopy BU Europe
Field Service Engineer Microscopy
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Field Service Engineer Microscopy based in the North of France - Reims area in France. You will be working in the field.
What is your role?
A Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshoots, calibrations, services, installations and repairs of all Nikon Metrology systems at customer sites. The Field Service Engineer maintains documentation for each job carried out and ensuring the documentation is returned to the Service manager or coordinator, completed once the job is complete. They will have to provide assistance to the Technical staff and support to dealers.
What are your key areas of responsibility?
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, calibrate, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Be a technical expert on his product domain, follow trainings, and provide trainings
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Ensuring parts and consumables are available for jobs and return of parts if required making sure that serial numbers are logged of parts replaced.
- Participates in service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Provide quotations and technical support to service customers.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with departments in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Identify product and process improvements.
- Train junior colleagues, write service manuals and/or procedures to assist in this process
- Other duties as required.
- Occasional travel/support to other European countries
What are your ancillary responsibilities?
The service engineer needs to work on his own; he needs to solve the customer cases, and can ask advice.
As he is most of the times alone at customers site, he needs to communicate well with the back office.
He has to have a high level of problem solving skills and thinking out of the box.
What are your required qualifications and competencies?
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering ( electronics, electro-mechanics) or equivalent through experience working on technical products
- Excellent knowledge of English and French
- Experience with technical products
- Excellent IT skills for working with Windows, Word, excel and outlook
- Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite
- Technical background : electricity, mechanics, electronics, pneumatics
- Field service experience/ Customer oriented
- Customer service skills.
- Work fully independent
- Able to take the right decisions to make our customers satisfied and keep the work under control
- Technical background to understand our machines to the highest detail
- Stress resistant
- Flexible for unexpected changes in the planning: exceptionally weekend work for trade show
- Driven to success
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Recruitment Continental Europe - Recruitment.Nmfirstname.lastname@example.org.Apply