To provide electrical design resource for Nikon Metrology from conceptualisation to production. These projects can be anything from completely new products to refining existing designs with particular focuses such as cost or reliability. This role also includes the maintenance of associated admin, BOMs, MRP systems and drawing packs for manufacturing.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Designing new products and concepts for electrical designs and cabling.
- Maintaining, where necessary, existing design information appropriate software
- Follow company processes and procedures for new product introduction
- Conduct design validation exercises based on product specification to meet quality and cost targets.
- Performing design-to-cost studies and implementing cost-down solutions
- Preparing design documentation for production (component design, technical drawings, assembly instructions and parts lists
- Creating new items and bills of materials within the MRP system
- Maintaining existing product structures within the MRP system
- Defining new BoM structures for operations use within the MRP system
- Working with suppliers to develop intelligent manufacturing strategies
- Working closely with other departments to provide relevant information as required
- Checking colleague’s technical drawings to insure they comply with company standards.
- Contributing to design reviews where required
Complete work as required by the electrical/electronics team leader, this may include individual tasks or team based design activities.
Employ established engineering best practices and work to common standards where applicable.
An electrical engineering or similar degree with particular emphasis on design with experience as a design engineer in a relevant hi-tech industry, e.g. special purpose machinery, industrial scientific equipment, x-ray equipment.
HND or HNC in electrical engineering with experience as a design engineer in a relevant hi-tech industry, e.g. special purpose machinery, industrial scientific equipment, x-ray equipment.
Solidworks electrical experience
Good work knowledge of standard office software, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook.
Experience with high precision design
Ability to work from first principles of electrical engineering
Ability to perform ‘hand’ calculations on simplified engineering problems
General curiosity and the ability to think critically and constructively
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Address problems in a logical and critical way to minimise project risks.
Seek new knowledge
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Look to increase product and industry knowledge at every opportunity
- Harmonise diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others
- Tailor communication style with audiences and look to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Take responsibility for, and fix mistakes in a timely and productive manor
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position does not requires any special working requirements, however on occasion working extra hours or off site may be requested.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com