If you are looking to join a Company with a dynamic vision for the future, then set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control, deployed worldwide in the automotive, aerospace and other manufacturing industries.
Job Title: EHS Advisor
Posting Date: 20th December 2017
To provide a safe working environment in accordance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System, in accordance with ISO14001. This role will be responsible for advising and supporting management and employees across the Tring and Derby sites, with regard to all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
This position will be based at our site in Tring, Hertfordshire, however, the role requires weekly travel to our Derby site.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Maintain and improve the Business Management system with respect to EHS
- Maintenance of ISO14001 certification
- Establish EHS processes at a corporate level that can be implemented at site level, supporting the implementation through effective team-working with different stakeholders
- Managing/implementing and updating of EHS processes, policies and manuals
- Monitor relevant EHS legislation and ensure compliance
- Carry out Risk Assessments, following through on actions identified
- EHS incident/accident recording and reporting
- Compiling EHS data for Management Reviews
- Coordination and management of the EHS committee
- COSHH Management
- Supporting colleagues to ensure customer EHS requirements are included in enquiry/tender responses
- Act as EHS point of contact for the EHS process for facilities management
- Maintain business continuity plan and coordinate emergency response
What we are looking for:
As EHS Advisor, you will:
- Hold a Degree or equivalent in Health and Safety Management
- Have previous experience in a stand alone Health, Safety and Environmental role within an Engineering and/or Manufacturing environment
- Be a member of a professional body i.e. IOSH, with up to date knowledge of the Health, Safety and Environmental profession
- Be a ISO14001 Internal Auditor
- Have a hands on approach to deal with incidents
Why work for us?
In addition to a challenging and innovative working environment, you will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + service days
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working
- Free fruit in the office
- Generous discounts on Nikon products
Dealing with your application:
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February 2018. If we like what we see in your application, we will contact you to arrange a telephone interview. The purpose of this interview will be for us to get to know you better and to find out whether your skills, knowledge and experience might be a good fit for the vacancy.
If you do not hear back from us, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application. We do however understand that feedback is important, so we will be happy to provide you with feedback on your application, should you contact us to request this.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com