To build precision electronic laser devices to specification on time and to planned cost with documented instruction and little supervision. Contribute and suggest continuous improvement of manufacturing processes in order to improve quality, cost and delivery
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To carry out fitting, assembly and testing of high technology products.
- Checking kits are complete and in line with bills of material.
- Locate component parts into the position using handling equipment as necessary
- Alignment and testing of assembled parts
- Quality inspection of own work and the work of others to processes and standards
- Read & understand engineering drawings and/or electronic schematics.
- Test & fault find when required.
- To participate in the training of others
- Assemble/Clean components
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organized work area in line with team leader standards.
- Complete and submit documentation for improvements and for replacement component
- To be conversant with current industry quality and H&S requirements
- Liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth production process.
- Present any production improvement ideas which could improve the process using agreed methods.
- Provide solutions where possible for problems found in day to day tasks & prevent them occurring in the future.
- 5 A-C’s at GCSE level to include English and Maths or
- Minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or
- HNC/HND in electronics or
- Relevant experience
- Time served in a relevant mechanical or electrical discipline or experience in similar role
- The ability to demonstrate previous experience of electro mechanical assembly, precision manufacturing and assembly
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings & electronic schematics.
- Ability to follow engineering instructions
- Computer literate, knowledge of excel, word and outlook
- Mechanical assembly and fitting
- Electrical component soldering assembly and wiring
- Test / Inspection of materials and products
- If you do not have a clear understanding of the drawings/diagrams you are working with seek clarification
- Liaise with other departments in a timely manner to ensure a smooth process is in place
- Actively work on solutions for faults that are found
- Maintain a clean and tidy and organized area up to the standard required
- Adhere to all the Health and Safety regulations encourage others to do the same
Seek new knowledge
- Keep up to date with any new specifications that are introduced by Nikon
- Pass your knowledge onto other members of the team, if they are less experienced
- Keep up to date with changes for quality and Health and safety specifically for your area
- Keep up to date with the latest technology through academic study or practical learning
- Deliver clear and succinct messages both verbally and written
- Use appropriate vocabulary for your audience and seek their understanding of your communication
- Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your views and ideas
- Clearly explain complex and technical terms so that others will understand
- Always work to the highest standards
- Report any issues or behaviours you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon
- Report any Health and safety concerns or violations
- Be dependable and always consider other members of the team
- Always take responsibility for your work and actions
- Respect opinions and views of others
- Respect the different cultures within Nikon
- Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional lifting of heavy items
- Occasionally working inside controlled areas.
- Working with cleaning agency’s to clean materials.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com