If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
Provide specialist expert knowledge for technical guidance and technical solutions during the pre-sales process identifying customers’ technical requirements.
As part of the small team, the application specialist will be involved in all stages of the sales process from demonstrations and benchmarking, to training as well as solutions development and implementation.
The application specialist will work closely together with the sales team and plan the work at a team level.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support customer enquiries from experts and academics in the field of X-ray CT, beyond 'common' knowledge.
- Push the boundaries of the technology with new and innovative techniques to increase the capabilities of Nikons’ systems.
- Promoting the products and solutions at exhibitions, conferences and seminars.
- Support and deliver technical papers and articles to maintain and increase Nikons’ reputation in X-ray CT expertise
- Become a technical expert in Nikons’ X-ray product range.
- Discuss technical issues and solutions with new and existing customers in the sales process and meet their technical requirements.
- Drive and manage actively the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales team.
- Deliver customer demonstration, benchmarks, training and technical sales support
- Support the sales team for technical qualification and support them with in depth technical expertise.
- Developing solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- Developing and updating best practice usage of the equipment for internal and external customers.
- Project Management during each phase of the project.
- Providing first line support for customers until buy-off of system.
- Understand market trend and identify business opportunity.
- Working independently to initially address customer issues.
- Coordinating repairs with the service department.
- Helping to develop innovative ideas and solutions to customer’s problems.
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or science
- Theoretical background in X-ray CT
- Hands-on experience with X-ray CT
- Driving license.
- Proven experience with customer interaction.
- Knowledge and experience of metrology.
- Knowledge of X-ray or CT technology/systems.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Computer programming experience beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of CAD/simulation beneficial
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Proficient in English.
- Practically competent (can use tools as well as a computer).
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand technology.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently / with little supervision.
- Commercial feeling – ability to understand customers’ needs.
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Be creative in finding solutions for our customers’ problems.
- Hands on approach to problem solving
Seek new knowledge:
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity.
- Eager to learn high-tech technologies.
- Harmonise diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other.
- Listen to the customer requirements
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual.
- Threat others with respect.
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures.
- Avoid stereotypes and prejudices.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Flexible working at short notice – e.g. customer demonstrations occasionally running later than the working hours.
- Worldwide travel to sales and customer sites.
- Capable of physical work.
- Assist companywide, whenever required, for successful delivery of projects to customers.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com