Provide technical guidance and technical solutions during the pre-sales process identifying customers’ technical requirements.
As part of the small team, the application engineer will be involved in all stages of the presales process from demonstrations and benchmarking, to training as well as solutions development and implementation.
The application engineer will work closely together with the sales team and plan the work at a team level.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Become a technical expert in LR/LS product range.
- Discuss technical issues and solutions with new and existing customer’s in the pre-sales process and meet their technical requirements.
- Drive and manage actively the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales team.
- Deliver customer demonstrations, benchmarks, training and technical pre-sales support.
- Support the sales team for technical qualification and support them with in depth technical expertise.
- Developing solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- Developing and updating best practice usage of the equipment for internal and external customers.
- Project Management during each phase of the project.
- Providing first line support for customers until buy off of system.
- Understand market trend and identify business opportunity.
- Installation and commissioning
- Support product development
- Post sales application support
- Working independently to initially address customer issues.
- Coordinating repairs with the service department.
- Helping to develop innovative ideas and solutions to customer’s problems.
- Promoting the products and solutions at exhibitions and conferences.
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Knowledge and experience of metrology.
- Proven experience with customer interaction.
- Proficient in English and local language depending on the working area.
- Driving license.
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Computer programming experience beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of CAD/simulation beneficial
- Practically competent (can use tools as well as a computer).
- Commercial feeling – ability to understand customers’ needs
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand technology
- Excellent presentation skills
- High sense of responsibility and initiative
- Ability to work independently / with little supervision
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Be creative in finding solutions for our customers’ problems
Seek new knowledge
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Eager to learn high-tech technologies
- Harmonise diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other
- Listen to the customer requirements
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Treat others with respect
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
- Avoid stereotypes and prejudices
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The person should be capable of normal physical work (lifting and moving equipment in and out of cars / vans) and be prepared to help out wherever is required for successful delivery of projects.
The function of Application Engineer will require travel all around the country and stay overnight (occasionally on short notice) and occasionally abroad if required.
For UK candidates, to apply for this position please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmfirstname.lastname@example.org
For candidates living in Belgium, France or Germany, please send a covering letter and your curriculum vitae to Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com