JOB PURPOSE :
This role is for the analysis, design and implementation of software for the control of the X-ray inspection systems. This software shall provide customer solutions for industrial CT, semi-conductor inspection, and other non-destructive testing. Work upon the analysis, design and development for customer specific solutions will be required when necessary.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Analysis, design and implement software to implement new functions for the control of the Xray inspection systems that are well-structured, well-defined, and maintainable
- Contribute as a member of a self-organizing development team that collectively plans work, continuously improves its processes and tools
- Delivery of projects on time and within scope and budget
- Perform engineering system testing of X-ray inspection system software
- Analysis and fixing of issues within the X-ray inspection system software
- Analysis, planning, design and development of customer specific software solutions
- Troubleshoot complex systems consisting of software and measurement device hardware,
which comprises autonomous problem solving
- Judge the design quality of software components, and autonomously design smaller
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team by actively gaining and sharing
- Write clear and precise code documentation, and write specifications for smaller
- Occasional support for the Operations and Service departments will required to support the
- Occasional travel to customer sites to implement bespoke customer solutions, or for
- A numerate, scientific or engineering degree is normally essential for this position. In special circumstances when extensive relevant job experience is available, a degree is not
- Education in Physics to A-Level or equivalent is normally required so that the engineer can
fully understand the X-ray systems
- Experience of developing software using C#, C++ and Visual Studio for Windows applications is preferred, but not essential
- Experience of the use of Subversion is an asset
- Image processing experience is an asset
- Experience of multi-threaded software applications is an asset
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and/ or UML
- Having a driving licence is preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- No special working requirements
- Occasional travel abroad, including Saturdays and Sundays
- Occasional communication with customers, both face-to-face and over the telephone
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation. The global Nikon talent programme, will support you to fulfil your potential.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Peter Mertens, Recruiter Continental Europe, Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com.