We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Service Engineer Measurement Equipment (2D) based in region: Dortmund - Frankfurt... You will be working in the field (Region Germany and North East Europe).
What is your role?
A Service Engineer is responsible for the troubleshoots, calibrations, services, installations and repairs of all Nikon Metrology systems at customer sites. The Field Service Engineer maintains documentation for each job carried out and ensuring the documentation is returned to the Service manager or coordinator, completed once the job is complete. You will have to provide assistance to the Technical staff and support to dealers for the product group Industrial Microscopy and Nexiv (Video Measuring Systems).
What are your key areas of responsibility?
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, calibrate, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Be a technical expert on his product domain, follow trainings, and provide service trainings
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Ensuring parts and consumables are available for jobs and return of parts if required making sure that serial numbers are logged of parts replaced.
- Participates in service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Provide technical support to service customers.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with departments in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Identify product and process improvements.
- Train junior colleagues, write procedures to assist in this process
- Other duties as required.
What are your required qualifications and competencies?
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Engineering ( electronics, electro-mechanics)
- Experience working in an international environment
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- Customer oriented and a good organizer
- Flexible and open minded
- Strong in communication and able to work independently and accurately
- Sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Willingness to travel frequently (+ 50%!)
- Experience with Metrology Business is a plus
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Recruitment Continental Europe - Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com.