We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Application Engineer based in Germany.
What is your role ?
You provide technical guidance and technical solutions during the pre-sales process identifying customers’ technical requirements.
As part of the small team, you will be involved in all stages of the presales process from demonstrations and benchmarking, to training as well as solutions development and implementation.
You will have a high level of technical expertise and you are able to share this expertise with the Application engineers.
What are your key areas of responsibility ?
- Be a technical expert in the assigned product range and share this expertise with colleagues Application engineers.
- Discuss high level technical issues and solutions with new and existing customer’s in the pre-sales process and meet their technical requirements. Keep control over technical discussions with a clear sales strategy in mind.
- Drive and manage actively the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales team.
- Deliver customer demonstrations, benchmarks, training and technical pre-sales support.
- Support the sales team for technical qualification and support them with in depth technical expertise.
- Developing solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
Developing and updating best practice usage of the equipment for internal and external customers.
- Project Management during each phase of the project. The senior application engineer can independently manage the entire project.
- Providing first line support for customers until buy off of system.
- Understand market trend and identify business opportunity.
- Presentations at conferences, C level…
- Ensure the training & Helpdesk support provided by NM is deemed ‘Best in Class’
- Training Customers to operate, program and maintain NM products
- Develop new training products to meet current and future business needs
- Writing technical, reference and training manuals
- Willingness to travel all around the country and stay overnight (occasionally on short notice) and occasionally abroad if required.
What are your required qualifications and competencies ?
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical engineering and 5+ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience of metrology.
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Working independently and proven experience with customer interaction.
- Computer programming experience beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of CAD/simulation beneficial
- Practically competent (can use tools as well as a computer).
- Driving license.
- Proficient in German and English
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Interested ? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Peter Mertens – Recruiter Continental Europe - Recruitment.Nmemail@example.com.